The topic we are going to discuss today is Metallurgical engineering . here we have some over view of this field and also discuss its benefits and scope mostly people have no idea about Metallurgical engineering so here we have to discuss what this field is ? and which universities in Pakistan prefer this engineering branch. And also get some information about the subjects we have to study in Metallurgical engineering
Overview of metallurgical engineering
Metallurgical engineering is an application-oriented science that studies the extraction of valuable matter or their compounds from ore and processing into materials with good use performance and cultivates specialized talents in the scientific research and development application of metallurgy engineering, engineering design and implementation, technology breakthrough and innovation, new technology promotion and application, project planning and metallurgical enterprises management.
Metallurgical engineering is closely related to many disciplines and promotes the development of each other. Metallurgical engineering includes: iron and steel metallurgy, non-ferrous metallurgy two categories. Metallurgical physical chemistry is the basis of the application of Metallurgical engineering. The engineering field has close contact with material engineering, environmental engineering, mining engineering, control engineering, computer technology and other fields like physics, chemistry, engineering thermal physics etc. and promotes each other to achieve common development
Higher mathematics, linear algebra, probability theory and mathematical statistics, inorganic chemistry, physical chemistry, physics, electrical technology, electronics technology, computer based, C language program design, computer graphics, mechanical design and principle, mechanical engineering, metallurgical studies, metallurgical principle, transmission principle, metal, metal materials and heat processing and properties of metal materials, metallurgy and materials physical chemistry, metallurgy of iron and steel are some main courses of . Metallurgical engineering
Scope of Metallurgical engineering
Career and scope of metallurgical engineering here you get comprehensive and conclusive details about metallurgical engineering The field of Metallurgical engineering can be divided into two categories: ferrous metallurgy and non- ferrous metallurgy. From the research direction and the technical nature can be subdivided into:
(1) The theory and application of physical chemistry in metallurgical process and material synthesis.
(2) The comprehensive utilization of mineral resources and the environmental protection during the smelting process.
(3) The design and construction of steel smelting technology, technology, equipment and production system.
(4) Solidification processing technology.
(5) Simulation of metallurgical process.
(6) Manufacturing technology of pure steel.
(7) The analysis and synthesis of the steel manufacturing process.
(8) The principle, technology, application of technology, solid state ion theory and its application in metallurgy and materials.
(9) Wet metallurgy and powder engineering in the process of non ferrous metallurgy.
(10) The development and application of functional materials of non ferrous metals.
The students mainly study the basic theory and basic knowledge of ferrous and non- ferrous metals (including heavy, light
Universities which offers Metallurgy engineering
Here is the list of some best universities of Pakistan for the students who are interested in metallurgy engineering before getting admission in any of these university you must have to pass an entry test
- University of Punjab (Lahore)
- Bahauddin Zakariya university (Multan)
- University of engineering and technology (Texila)
- UET (Lahore)