Geological Engineering is an important engineering degree and now a day’s most of the students have much interest in this degree but what is the problem here that is majority of them don’t know much about this degree although they just do this degree on the base of its scope but in fact they also don’t know about its scope. Well today we will talk about this degree in detail so that you may realize that if you are doing this degree then you are on the right way and you will get your life achievement one day.
Geological Engineering Overview
Geological Engineering is the degree or study in which we study the purpose of assuring that the geological factors regarding the location, design, construction and accounted for. Well it has the second name that is geotechnical engineering which is indirectly connected with civil engineering. In this degree we study the behavior of earth material. It is much important in civil engineering that is if you are a civil engineer then you must want geotechnical knowledge to implement your work. Mostly rock study includes in this course and engineers of this degree evaluate stability of natural slope and man made soil deposits too. Well the main purpose of this article was to discuss the importance of this degree in our country and also the scope of this degree so let’s go below and check if this degree is valuable for you or not and what you get back if you will do this degree.
Geological Engineering Scope
All of you know that our country is being develop which means several roads, bridge are being develop and for this we want more material that we can get through rocks and it is also important for a nation to evaluate the behavior of its country rocks and get benefits by the rocks of its country so if you are doing this degree then you must get a well job after completing your degree as there is too much scope of this filed. There are several vacancies on Government and private sector that is if Government want engineers for the development of new roads or to evaluate the behavior of rocks, at the same time there are also several organizations who want geotechnical engineers to build their building in which you will evaluate their buildings with the help or knowledge of civil engineering. There are several engineers and sub engineers jobs in different sectors which you can get and in addition you can also go in Pak military. Engineers of this degree also have opportunity to get teaching job at least at 14 scales and it’s just good if you are doing this degree.
Lets’ check which institutes is famous for engineering study. There are few well known universities but here is one more thing that is all the universities are good in our country so if you are already doing this course by some other institute then just focus on what you are doing and be best of your field.
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
- National University of Sciences and Technology
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore (Main Campus)
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad (Lahore Campus)
- Government College University, Faisalabad
- Government College University, Lahore
- Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
- Institute of Quality and Technology Management, Lahore
- Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, (Quaid-e-Azam Campus)
- Information Technology University of the Punjab,Lahore
- Lahore College for Women University, Lahore
- Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore
- NFC Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Swedish College of Engineering and Technology, Rahim Yar Khan
- National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Islamabad
- University of Lahore, Lahore (Main Campus
- University of South Asia (Pakistan), Lahore
- Hajvery University, Lahore
- University College of Textile Engineering (Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan)
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- University College of Engineering and Technology, Multan (Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan)
- University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila (Main Campus)
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore (Faisalabad Campus)
- University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore (Kala Shah Kaku Campus)
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat
- University of Wah